Friday, September 26, 2008

Starting With a Whole New Business Concept

About a month ago, I started to learn about internet marketing. Things being what they are these days in the economy, I decided that I would enjoy learning this business and not commuting for a change. I started investigating various entry points and decided that I would take a training to get me jump started. That is how I cam across Mary Gerston and her program. You can find a link to her on the top of this page if you are interested. The first thing I want to report is that no matter what anyone tells you, this is not an easy business. If you are a complete newcomer to marketing there is a pretty steep learning curve, and it is one that I am still traversing. But I have learned a great deal so far. There is no shortage of people telling you they know how to do it better, faster, and yadayada, you get the idea. As with any endeavor in life- it pays to stay awake. Otherwise, you will be visiting many a rabbit hole. I did run into one coach with whom I am doing a short term program and it is great. I'll give the details on who the coach is at the end of my ten day period. But for now, I am bringing it up because I made an agreement with myself in the context of this coaching that I would write an entry every day to talk about my experience from the point of view of a newcomer to building a business, rather than the usual expert stance. This is day one.

No comments: