Monday, September 29, 2008

Day two

I didn't take the weekend into account when I made that daily log agreement, so today is day two. Now, in the past, I would have kept on writing through the weekend, because I basically know how to work better than almost anything else. However, a focus of the coaching I am getting is about being more successful and working less time. I have to say, having been a coach since the inception of coaching, and knowing the person who started the whole profession of coaching as well as numerous major players in the field- this coach is hands down the best coach I have ever worked with. He is speaking my language which is contextual in nature, and he gets what is really important, which is living life.. All that said- I took the weekend off and spent some time with my daughter.
The biggest challenge I face, other than investment dollars, is my total lack of involvement with anything social. For anyone that knows me from San Francisco- that is crazy. But since I moved to Florida, I have been putting out fires and scrambling to make a living. What's gone by the wayside is my actual life. I was reminded, in my coaching this morning, that any difficulties I may be having in my business are likely not a function of my business at all, but rather a reflection of something that was missing in my life.
The irony is that this is exactly what I teach in business ecology. And exactly what I would be telling my own client! Ah well, you know what they say about the shoemakers children...
So I have decided to reignite my life. That is today's agreement.

No comments: