Friday, October 24, 2008

Looking for a mentor with a sense of humour

Everything that I know needs to be done is done. Now I am traveling along in that vast wasteland referred to as "what I don't know, that I don't know"..sigh. It gets pretty challenging in this place because I have not found a mentor yet, and I am limited in my investment dollars for programs. All the internet research that has looked promising -either isn't- or is too expensive. The results are trickling in slowly..too slowly for my taste. I think I should be glad I have results at all, but that is not really what is going on. I want it to happen faster and I feel stuck.

In the past I have seen a pattern occur when I am attempting something new. When I am experiencing a lot of internal resistance -or external for that matter-that is a very good sign- even though it doesn't seem like it at the time. As a matter of fact I've learned to relate the level of resistance to the level of positive results I will end up having.

Many years ago I sold real estate. Every time I would write up a contract that I knew was solid, about two or three days before we closed it would fall apart. I started telling myself this was a good sign- and sure enough- it would be. I came to look at breakdowns or problems of this sort as proof positive that I was on the right track. It fell under the heading of mind management- but whatever- it worked.

That is how I push through difficult times like waiting for results. In terms of not knowing what to do next- I have a similar strategy. I look at who I'm being right now rather than what I am doing. Am I being a successful entrepreneur? Is there something I can shift slightly? Is there someone- even if I don't know them- that I can model my actions after? In this case the answer is yes. A couple of the aforementioned gurus are exactly the type of internet marketing person I would like to be. See? There is an action I can take, even when I have run out of things to do. I can shift my perspective to the domain of being- and I will find a whole new set of opportunities to embrace.

Like the wind, baby.

No comments: